Saturday, August 2, 2014

Keeping Busy

Been busy with the papier mache head, made quite a bit of minimally documented progress.

Basic form all blocked in.



At this point I've converged on a uniform 100%  used printer paper, which has  nice purplish tint from papers dating from era where I religiously used a fountain pen with purple ink.   About here I've pretty much done all the coarse scale work.


Previous batches I'd just boiled and mixed with mixing machine head on a drill, as I'm getting started on the detail work I put the final (hopefully) batch through food processor, to get a more uniform fine pulp.

After applying I've been burnishing the surface with a spoon mostly, and been getting close to the final surface I'm hoping for...




I can't remember the last time I actually worked on a 2D piece in my studio, but here's the proof.
It's happening. Cartoon in progress for 'The Transformation of Daphne', Dorothy Day and William Morris looking on.


No comments:

Post a Comment