Saturday, October 27, 2012

First Person Plural Looms

Looking forward to First Person Plural http://www.facebook.com/events/147008255445721/  (and having my piece for it done). That hasn't happened yet, but all the graphics for the show are now safely done. Their history is likely of interest to no one but myself, but I really love seeing the evolution of something, so for the two people that may actually care:

The Matlab scatter plot that the concept started with. Ive forgotten exactly how I built it, but I believe it is a couple different Gaussian samples superimposed, each with random sizes of a different mean.


A couple highlights from the sickening range of designs we went through in converging to the final version. Not much of the scatter plot survived, I spent a lot of time drawing extra dots by hand. Of course in the end the postcards wound up cropped totally differently by the printer...









No comments:

Post a Comment