Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Done (ish)


 
All together it is probably about 100 hours that have gone into the project. It took on a bit of a life of its own and grew from the initial carving to include the shelter made with storm downed branches and hand split shingles. I will never try and split something that knotty again. As far as my works goes it is finally done.  This weekend I finished the last touches, mounted the cross and leveled out the statue a little. I’d been toying with the idea of arranging the cutoffs in a star pattern around the base, and I’m pretty happy with the result. It’s not quite finished however. The figure is starting to weather to a slightly more even gray, but it has got a while to go till it is totally evened out. I also planted some morning glory seeds around the shelter. Hopefully, they’ll sprout; I’m looking forward to seeing the effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment