Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sense

"Elinor agreed with it all, for she did not think he deserved the compliment of rational opposition."
Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility

This blog's title reflects the hopeful idea that I'd occasionally write about all the enlightening reading I would be doing. Though I have an hour and a half commute, I mostly feel like I wind up looking at the pictures in Science and Nature. Whether I collect any wisdom that way remains to be seen. This week however I've been enjoying the marvels of technology by reading poorly OCR'd Jane Austen on my phone. I wonder why it is that duty bound folks who achieve any benefit by their adherence to good practice are totally absent from the modern fictional landscape. I've always thought following the example of a Jane Austen heroine might make a man of me. Live in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment